I left off my last post on the pants with the fabrication of the brass buttons. I had decided after testing the buttons that the front of the overalls needed an extra detail. I measured out and cut a piece of leather which I then dyed and attached to the front of the pants to make a pocket. This pocket adds aesthetically to the costume but it also conceals a battery pack and wires that lead into the hip to power lights.
The sides of the overalls are held together by leather cord. To secure the sides at the waist I created leather pieces that use snaps to attach the front and back. I then added grommets and three lights to once again connect the overalls and the mask aesthetically. The wires that attach the lights to the battery pack in the front pocket run along the inside of the overalls and through a grommet in the back of the front pocket.
My Own Two Hands